Here are some useful links, many of them are scattered throughout the site, but here are most of them in one place
- This is our local office in Torfaen (say Tor-vine, and you’ve got it about right!)...www.visittorfaen.co.uk. - WTB, again, - a big site, takes ages to load, but full of goodies.. www.visitwales.co.uk. - The Information Network...www.wales.daysout.net - A gateway site promoting Wales in general and hosted by National Library of Wales (also in Welsh)... www.walesontheweb.org (in English) www.cymruarywe.org (yn Gymraeg) - If you're visiting South Wales, then a comprehensive guide to our capital city is at www.cardiffontheweb.com - Another useful gateway, with wide ranging detail-and some controversial ideas on King Arthur www.celticocean.co.uk
- The famous Big Pit – still Blaenavon’s biggest tourist attraction http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/
- This site lists every heritage railway in Wales (click on 'Official websites' when you get there) www.walesrails.co.uk. - This is the site for the Heritage Railway Association, includes a list of every heritage railway in the UK. - Two other heritage railways in South Wales that are worthy of closer examination are the Garw Railway at http://www.garw-railway.co.uk/ and the Bury Port and Gwendraeth Valley Railway at www.bpgv.co.uk/
- About every DMU in the country (and ours!) www.railcar.co.uk - Our carriages are included, both ancient and modern www.vintagecarriagestrust.org/surveystatus.htm - The Railway Shop gets a mention in UKModelshops directory at www.ukmodelshops.co.uk
- Former PBR Resident, GWR 813 now has its own webpage.
Unless credited, photos are © Alistair Grieve
This site and all its contents, unless credited otherwise, are © Pontypool and
Blaenavon Railway (1983) Ltd.
No part of this site may be copied or used without permission.